Tuesday, December 2, 2008

News From the Hawkley's

It's been a while since I updated everyone on how Bleu is doing. I've been able to talk to him on the phone every Sunday after church for about an hour. It's been interesting talking to him and read his letters through Basic Training. The first few weeks were pretty tough on him. Bleu is really smart and experienced in alot of things, so everything that they are learning......he already knows how to do. Climb, repell, shoot, physical fitness, running, wrestling, etc. He says that they break everything down step-by-step and he already knows how to do it. So it's hard for him to be patient with the others that are having a hard time because they have never done these things before. I think it's good for him to be patient. He has already passed his PT score, and right now is the Squad Leader. He's doing much better at his situps, pushups and 2 mile than he was at drill (I thought he was doing great at Drill!)
We exchange letters often, but the mail is so slow getting here. He gets my letters in about two days and his take a little less than two weeks to get to me. So I try and write to him about every other day. He still asks me to tell other people to write to him. The only thing that keeps him going is to know that people care about him. They don't get alot of time to write, so if anyone writes him (please do) he might not be able to write back to you. But please do write.
He has a friend there that is from Lehi, and his wife's Parents live in South Carolina. So she (Grace-Ann) is flying out for Christmas and staying for graduation. So they have offered to give me a place to stay during graduation so we can save a couple hundred bucks. Grace-Ann has offered to pick me up and drop me off at the airport. She also gave me a tip-that if I fly into Charlotte, NC instead of Columbia, SC it would be cheaper. It was and I bought my Ticket today.
We are both really excited for Christmas and to spend as much time together as we can before he leaves. I have a countdown chain at work :)

As for me, I do pretty good. It's week #12 and I'm feeling the sickness more now. I try to stick to an eating schedule to keep it mild, and get plenty of sleep. I'm loving the Primary right now-we have alot of fun together and for some reasong the overall favorite song is Head Shoulders Kneed and Toes. Who knew? Maybe because I make everyone in the room perticipate.
I am usually pretty tired when I come home from work so if I go anywhere it's not for long and usually involves groceries and gas. I'm using the ol' rubber band trick on my jeans for now and I notice a few people at work keeping thier eyes on me. I was asking to our Receptionist, Gloria about how far along another gilr at work is and she said "And when are you going to tell me?" :) She said that she had noticed in the last little while and was waiting for me to speak up but couldn't wait anymore. She's a funny lady. But I am starting to show; if I wear a baggy shirt it's not so noticable. I think that after my appointment next Monday I will feel even more secure about the pregnancy and will be more comfortable telling people about it. Bleu and I have pretty much decided that we will be surprized about the sex of the baby because we want Bleu to be here for that. Well, because I will be around 15 or 16 weeks while he's home for Christmas. And since they usually do that ultrasound at 20 weeks we decided to just have a surprize.

So that's the news for us right now. I will try and keep up to date often so that everyone can hear how we are doing. So.... stay tuned, we love you all and thank you so much for all of the love and support that you give us.

No comments: