Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's a lot of Work!

Hey family, I spent most of the day (5 hours) at my friend Stephanie's house. And you'll never guess what we did!! We had our very own little recording session! Yippee!

I got a CD with some Christmas music on it yesterday and went through and found out what lyrics I needed and how many verses I had to find on the various lyric websites.. I did all that last night, and some of the music I didn't even get to listen to the whole way through before I started recording> YIKES! I was a little unprepared, but you know, that's how I roll! : ) Haha.

So I went over-Stephanie and her sister, Jacqueline, have transformed a closet into a recording studio. It's pretty hillarious. I'll have to take pictures next time I go over. They have eggshell padding on all of the walls and ceiling and door, but the door doesn't close because of the cords and a table sticks out into the doorway...... But it works! LOL. So here I am with my headphones and a very scary microphone and screen in front of me thinking, "woah, this is almost official!" So that's scary in itself, but because the door doesn't close, out of the corner of my eye I can see Stephanie sitting on her chair right outside the door with her laptop and headphones and wires set up on a TV tray. So I can't really just pretend that I'm alone, because she's right there. AND, if I look the other way, across the room, the wall has full length mirrors so I see myself with all of this scary equipment. So......... I stared at the Eggshell Foam, which is surprisingly comforting. LOL....

Well my first song was rough. First off I was nervous, and it was a "nice song" and not just a carol. So I wanted it to be pretty good. That one took a long time. When we finally finished, we looked at the time and it had taken about 1 1/2 hours maybe more. I thought "holy crap! that was forever!" And Stephanie said that we made GREAT time! So in total we got through 4 songs in 4 hours because the others were just carols that didn't need tons of work. So I just sang them pretty straight. But we were excited at how fast we got them done, judging from the first one.

It was really tiring singing the same two lines over and over and over again and still hating it. It was an interesting process to see, though. I was really tired by the end but it was pretty fun to get to do something that has been on my little "I wish I could" list. I think I might do it again with other music, but maybe later.


Torrie Nicholas said...

That's AWESOME Mickaela. I can't wait to hear it. Doesn't it feel good when you accomplish something you've wanted to do forever and no one is telling you that you can't do it. ;) Love Ya!

Bleu and Mickaela said...

SO good. I think I'll do it again! Thanks for being my long distance therapist/drill sargeant. ;)

muumar said...

I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!