Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Dent's

Well, I guess I should put some pictures on here, huh? I was able to spend Thanksgiving Day with the Dent Family in my Ward. Jenny (mom) is my visiting teacher and is the sweetest person I know and Ryan (dad) is my home teacher and would do anything for anyone. Brielle (daughter) is one of my two Sunbeams in Primary-that girl knows all of the songs better than most of my kids! Daniel (son) is in nursery and started going while I was working in the nursery. Jenny tells me that he has a little bit of a hard time without me there to console him and play with him. It's so cute. Bleu and I have babysat for them a number of times and we both just love the family. We sit next to them sometimes and give the kids attention or I watch the kids when Jenny needs to get up for something... Etc. We are all good friends.


So Ryan and Jenny invited me over for Thanksgiving dinner with them and Jenny and I split up the meal. I was so proud of my Pecan Pie that I just had to take a picture. This is my first pie made totally by myself with no supervision - crust and all! TADA!! I was So very proud of it.... even though it spilled in the oven and was a little crunchy on top, but I thought it was beautiful, mostly because I was so relieved that it actually worked! I even rolled the crust with a glass because I don't have a rolling pin. LOL....


And here are the children. Jenny is funny and she wanted everything set on a table all fancy and take a picture, because she was also very proud of all of her hard work. ( I don't blame her... the turkey looked Amazing! ) And so Ryan and Jenny were going back and forth "I want to take a picture" "but Jenny, we are all starving" "oh, this needs to be a little higher so we can see it. Make sure you get everything in the picture" I thought it was funny. But the Kids and I sat at the table and I entertained them by showing them the pictures on my cell phone of Bleu. It was so cute, every picture of Bleu I showed Daniel he would say "Boooo?" So cute! They loved getting thier pictures taken, too.
So we ate and sat for a while. For some reason I was absolutely hilarious to Daniel. I would "walk" my fingers up his arm, and then tickle his neck or face, or whatever and he would laugh and squirm, and then put his arm out for me and say "gen?" We went on like that for at least 10 minutes. It was so funny.
Well we timed dinner / lunch so that when we were done it would be time for the kids' naps so Jenny could clean up, and get some rest, herself. She's about 6 or 7 months pregnant. So we cleaned up and then I headed off to Preston and visited Nan and Katie over night. Katie and I went shopping in Logan on Friday and had a lot of fun. I was planning on going home to see mom and dad, but I was so tired of traveling ( since that's what I had done three weekends in a row) that I had to skip out on that part and just went home Friday night. It was a good weekend, though. It was nice to have a Saturday at home for once and get ready for Primary and work.
I was able to talk to Bleu on the phone a lot on Thanksgiving and the day after. I was spoiled but it made the next week hard waiting so long for the next Sunday to get to talk to him again. I was happy for the opportunity to spend a little bit of Thanksgiving with him over the miles. All in all it turned out to be a pretty good Holiday.

1 comment:

muumar said...

Your pie looks great. Glad you had a good time, but I missed you. Love you