Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh Mother, My Mother

Oh Mother, my mother
I touch your tears
Invisible fingers
Soothing your skin
I know you think of me so often
In the day, in the night,
In your dreams
Going into an empty nursery
Knowing I'll never be there
But I am.. in your heart
In your soul, I shall always be
For you gave so unselfishly of yourself.
Inside of you, you created
Such a world for me
A world of laughter, of love
Of sadness, of sorrow
Every emotion people come to know
You shared with me.
And even though I may never
Feel your arms around me
I felt your heart beating,
Like a lullaby, singing me to sleep
And your spirit giving me a safe haven already protecting me
Nurturing me
Preparing me of things to come.
But sometimes the journey
Of life pulls souls apart
And yes, I had to go on
To another place.
I wish I could stay
I wish this was a decision
I could make
And I know you do too.
Know this wherever you are:
I will always remember
That yours was the first love
The first joy, the first soul
I will ever know
You gave me the courage to
Go on in my journey
I hope I can do the same for you
Your heart beat will always
Call me to you.
Love, Your Child

5 comments:

Heidi said...

That's beautiful Mickaela. I don't think anyone could have expressed that any more eloquently. I love you, You are an inspiration :)

Kimber Bowen said...

Mickaela you are truly inspiring. Your poem was so beautiful.

RaeLynn said...

I can't even remember the last time I cried and I am totally bawling. That is the sweetest thing I have ever read. I love you guys.

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

You are truly amazing! Those words were beautiful! You are in our thoughts and prayers

Unknown said...

Holy Cow Sista did you write this?? So awesome I LOVE IT! Sorry I didn't see you saying hi to me on FB I must have been out of the room and still logged on. I need to call you!!