Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Got a Phone Call!!

Today was the Primary Program in sacrement. When the closing prayer was said, I was getting all of my music and posters together, when Sara came up to me (which was a surprise because her Single's Ward starts at 1 and it was barely 12) and said "Bleu wants you to call him now. He called at 11 but I wasn't going to come up here in the middle of the program, plus I wasn't even dressed."

Of course-the one time that I am away from my phone for more than 5 minutes, and that's the time he calls. I got my phone from my bag and the screen said 17 missed calls. I opened it fast and the last one was sent one minute before. So I called and got the answering machine. I started to cry right there at the front of the chaple. He sent me a text message telling me to call and two voice mails. So teary-eyed, I headed for the door calling my voicemail when my phone started vibrating and I saw that it was him. So we got to talk on the phone for about an hour. It was good to hear his voice again, but he sounds tired and "sick and tired." He told me that he's hungry and that they get 3 meals a day. The food's not that good, but he likes (and by "likes" he means that he hates it the least ) breakfast. He gets gritts, bacon, eggs, and pancakes. "It's better than the other stuff they give us." he says.

He asked if I had gotten any of his letters and that the first day they got mail, one girl got 12 letters from her family in one day. I asked him if he's gotten any and he said "None." So he's feeling pretty neglected. So PLEASE send him some mail as soon as you can, he would really appreciate it.

Well that's pretty much it for now. I'm finishing up a letter for him today so I can send it tomorrow. So maybe for Family Home Evening, since the Primary is learning about being Thankful, they can tell the military how geatful they are for this free country that we live in. (Hint: please send him mail.)

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm glad you got to hear from him. That's great! I asked Zaine if he wanted to send a letter to Uncle Bleu. He said yes now we just had to sit down and do it but that is our plan. Love you. Thinking of both of you.

Unknown said...

Thanks, I'm sure he will love it.

muumar said...

Sent one!